Department of Malayalam
Malayalam Language and literature started functioning as a main subject in the year 1952. U G level Malayalam language and literature course was started in 1971.In 1982 P G level was started functioning. Our department got approval as a Research Centre under Kerala University in the year 2003. There were many eminent personalities like great poets, writers, orators worked in this department which made this institution famous among all the colleges in Kerala. Like the great Malayalam poet O N V Kurup, Desamangalam Ramakrishnan and writers like V P Sivakumar, C Ayyappan, B Rajeevan etc are some of them. Every Year around more than 600 students studying in this department opting Malayalam as their UG , PG and Additional Language. Each year after completing their studies majority of them getting placements in various departments and teaching posts. There are ten teaching faculties now working in this department.
To be a centre of excellence which imparts value based education in Malayalam Language and Literature and empower the young generation to be a full-fledged future citizen with the cultural heritage of our nation.
To activate the vision in to action by giving globally relevant quality education to student irrespective of cast and creed.
To fulfill the meaning of the slogan:
IF YOU EDUCATE A MAN , YOU EDUCATE AN INDIVIDUAL ; IF YOU EDUCATE WOMAN YOU EDUCATE A FAMILY AND NATION. For that ,
- We the faculties have set ourselves the target of educating every single student who enters the portals of this college and equipping them both for a healthy life and living.
- This awareness makes us in regard the whole venture as very noble and edifying.Hence,we rededicate ourselvesto our task at this juncture.
We organized various programmes and activities,
- To create in students an integrated vision of education and life.
- To collaborate with organizations of excellence for mutual benefit.
- To provide consultancy services to NGO’S ,local governments and industries.
- To continually update the curriculum, and teaching and research methods.
- To fine-tune student skills for the requirements of the job market and to offer effective placement services.
VISIONARIES OF THE PAST
From the beginning the department was shined and famed by the services of the most popular academicians and eminent literary personalities of Kerala.
- Prof.O.N.V.Kurup had won Jnanapeedom, the greatest literary award in India(2009).
- Prof. V.P.Sivakumar a wellknown short story writer who had won the Sahitya Academy Award was our faculty.
- Prof. I. Sundaram Pillai,a popular writer,translator and grammarian was one of the faculty member.
- Dr. Prasannarajan, a postmodern critic and writer was another faculty member.
- Prof.G .Hemalatha Devi, a feminist critic and writer was a faculty member.
- Prof. B.Rajeevan a well known thinker, critic, orator and writer was another H.O.D of this department.
|Dr.Shooba K S
|Head of the Department
|Smt. Bindu A M
|Smt. Beena K
|Smt. July A
|Dr Sethulekshmi MS
|Dr. Ganga Devi M
LIST OF THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
|Prof. K.Devaki Amma
|Prof.K. Devaki Amma
|Prof. T.Alli Bai
|Dr. N. Leelabai
|Dr. K. Thulasimani
|Dr. M. Aisha Beevi
|Dr. R .Radhamani Amma
|Dr. D. Dharmarajan
|Dr. S. Naushad
- സെമിനാർ – നാടകം: പ്രതിരോധത്തിന്റെ അവതരണ കല
- എം എ മലയാളത്തിനു റാങ്ക്