DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
History of the Department
Department of Statistics is one of the youngest departments in the college which came into existence in 1991 offers undergraduate course in Statistics as well as complementary courses for BSc. Mathematics, BSc. Physics, BSc. Psychology, BA Economics and courses for MA Economics, MA Business Economics, MSc. Psychology and MSc. Home Science.
- To enlighten students’ mind through continuous acquisition and sharing of knowledge.
- To empower students by expanding the horizons of wisdom.
- To encourage the students for exploring the hitherto unknown paths on the reign of Statistics.
- To enhance and update the essential requirements for utilizing every opportunity available to students.
- To enrich the department with learning resources and utilize them optimally.
- To teach the complex methodology of Statistics through simple real life situations, thereby imbibing a practice of Statistical thinking.
- To organize interactions and external lectures, for both students and teachers, with eminent Statisticians in order to open opportunities for going deep into the subject.
- To imbibe a culture of applying Statistical techniques in other fields of knowledge so as to strengthen interdisciplinary studies.
- To conduct Statistical studies, wherever applicable, in order to find solutions to social problems
Programme offered by the department
NAME OF THE PROGRAMME
Main Subject : Statistics
Name of the Programme: B.Sc. Statistics
Programme Category: UG
Duration: 6 Semesters
Annual Intake: 32
Entry Qualification: Plus-Two (Higher Secondary)
Complementary Subjects: Mathematics, Computer Science
Complementary Languages: Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Tamil
|1||Dr. S H S Dharmaja||Statistics||Associate Professor & Head of the Departmentemail@example.com||View the full profile|
|2||Dr. Prasad||Statistics||Associate Professor||View the full profile|
|3||Dr. N V Sreekumar||Statistics||Assistant Professor||View the full profile|
|4||Dr. Baiju K V||Statistics||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||View the full profile|
|5||Dr. Anne Philip||Statistics||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||View the full profile|
|6||Dr.Sheeja S S||Statistics||Guest Lecturer in Computer Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||View the full profile|
- Anakha S. – I Rank – 2017-2020
- Gayathri S.S. – I Rank – 2016-2019
- Arya R.J. – III Rank – 2016-2019
- Ascharya D. – I Rank – 2015-2018
- Shilpa S. Dev – III Rank – 2015-2018
National seminar on Statistical Innovations: New Dimensions and understanding Nov 2019
National Webinar on Importance of Statistics in Pandemic Scenarios Oct 2020