NAME : Dr. Sarita Gopakumar
Phone: 0471 2450837, 9400378837
Qualification: MA in English. Also qualified the National Eligibility Test (for Lectureship)
conducted by University Grants Commission, India. , PhD in English (Arts)
1. ‘Remembering the Relics: Study of Select Comic Books that Trace the Roots of
India’s Cultural Inheritance’
Appeared in International Journal of Comic Art Volume 12(1). Spring 2010.
2. ‘The Cosmic Language of Music’
Appeared in Towards a Student-Centred Pedagogy in English Language Teaching. CELT,
Christian College, Kattakkada. 2010.
3. ‘No Laughing Matter- Comics as an Aid for English Language teaching’
Appeared in New Strides in English Teaching. Gowli Books, India 2011
4. ‘Women Stereotypes in Malayalam Cinema: Representations and Implications’
Appeared in Kerala Sociologist 42(2). Kerala Sociological Society, December 2014.
5. Humanized and Humorous too: An Anthropomorphic Study of Tintin and Asterix
Appeared in the peer-reviewed national research journal, English Activities Update (Jan 2015
6. “Teaching or Transmogrifying?: Interrogating Stereotypical Representation of
Teachers in Popular Culture Media” in Journal of Literature & Aesthetics, Vol. 16 No. 1
(Jan.- June 2016).
7. “It’s clobbering time!” An Inquiry into the Dystopian Paradigm Set by Super villains
in Superhero Comics.
Research paper presented at the National seminar on ‘Myriad manifestations of the
Anthropocene: Multidisciplinary Perspectives’ conducted by the Department of English,
Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram ( 28,29,30 Nov 2016)
8. “Opening Gateways: An Exploration of the Scope and Academic Possibilities of
Graphic Adaptations of Classical Literature”
9. Appeared in the book (also edited by myself) Igniting the Imagination published by the
English Department of Govt. College Kariavattom.
10. Preparation of study material for BA English (Semester 4) for the School of Distance
11. Preparation of study material for B.Com English (Semester 4) for the School of
12. “Emasculated Identities: A Critique of the Representation of Comedians in
Malayalam Cinema” Published in March 2019, in the International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities.
13. Language in Use: Grammar for Undergraduates. published by Cambridge University
Press. Text book prescribed for Language course of Semester 2 Degree programme (Kerala
University) 2020. co-authored with Dr Neeta Sasidharan & Kukku Xavier.202014. `English For Career: A Workbook published by Orient Black Swan. Text book
prescribed for Semester 3 BA/BSc Degree programme (2A)(Kerala University) 2020 &
Semester 2 Career Related 2 (a) Degree programme. Co-authored with Bindu Nair, R
Karthika, M Saritha. 2020
15. “From the Classic to the Futuristic Avatars: Depiction of the Iconic Women Characters
Sita and Draupadi in Indian Comics”;. June 2021 issue of Littcrit. 0970-
1. Started YouTube channel for broadcasting academic content in November 2019
2. Started a webpage for dissemination of academic content in 2020
3. Victers channel
3. Editor of “Samyukta Journal of Popular Culture” published by Samyukta Research
Foundation (SRF) a collective of like-minded scholars promoting research and publication to
strengthen the inclusive field of Liberal Humanities.
1. Prema Jayakumar Webinar November 18, 2020
2. Kanjiramkulam College webinar- Laughs Worth Pondering: Observations On the
New-fangled Satirical Tools: Memes and Internet Trolling. 21 February 2021
3. Did a class for the YouTube channel uba gcwtvpm Mar 8, 2021
Lines Written in Early Spring | Video Lecture | Class 10 | English | Kerala Syllabus