- PhD (University of Kerala) – 1999
- MPhil (University of Kerala) – 1992
- MSc (MG University) – 1989
- BSc (MG University) – 1987
Research Guideship : Approved research guide in Chemistry (Faculty of Science) – University of Kerala
Research Students: 1. Archana V P (Part -Time), 2. Lekshmi V (Full-time)
Areas of Interest: Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Natural Products Chemistry
- Isolation, Synthesis and Bioactivity studies on plant pigments (2009-2010) UGC sponsored project. Grant amount Rs. 60000/- [Principal Investigator]
- Taxonomic Survey of dye yielding plants of Kannur and Kasargod Districts of Kerala and establishment of cell suspension culture for the production of Anthocyanin (2009-2010) UGC sponsored project. Grant amount Rs. 23,26,600/- [Co-Investigator]
- Utilization of Pine apple rind as a source of phytochemicals and its biological potentials (2018-2020) UGC sponsored project. Grant amount Rs. 23,26,600/- [Co-Investigator]
- Ruby, A. J., Kuttan, G., Dinesh Babu, K. V., Rajesekharan, K. N. and Kuttan, R., Anti-tumour and antioxidant activity of natural curcuminoids Cancer Lett 1995, 94 , 79-83.
- Dinesh Babu, K. V. and Rajesekharan, K. N. : Simplified conditions for synthesis of curcumin I and other curcuminoids. Org. Prep. Proc. Intl. 1996, 26, 674-7
- Anto, R. J., Kuttan, G., Dinesh Babu, K. V. Rajesekharan, K. N. and Kuttan, R., Antitumour and free radical scavenging activity of synthetic curcuminoids International journal of pharmaceutics, 1996, 131, 1-7
- Ruby, A. J., Kuttan, G., Dinesh Babu, K. V., Rajesekharan, K. N. Kuttan, R Antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic activity of natural and synthetic curcuminoids. Mutatation Res, 1996, 370,127-131
- Anto, R. J., Kuttan, G., Dinesh Babu, K. , Rajesekharan, K. N. and Kuttan, R., Antiinflammatory activity of natural and synthetic curcuminoids. Pharm. Pharmacol. Commun. 1998,4,103
- V.Dinesh Babu, K. N. Rajasekharan, Synthesis of novel N- [4-(diarylpyrazon-2-yl)phenyl]maleimides as fluoroprobes, Synth. Commun. 2002, 1635.
- Aswathy Aromal S, Dinesh Babu K.V., Daizy Philip, Characterization and catalytic activity of gold nanoparticles synthesized using ayurvedic arishtams Spectrochim Acta A, 2012, 96,1025- 1030,
- Anilkumar V S, Dinesh Babu K.V, Sunukumar S S, Murugan K, Taxonomic discrimination of solanum nigrum and solanum gigantum by FT IR spectral data 2012,2, 482-488
- Suchithra PS, Geethu M G, , Kavitha C H, , Aswathy J M, , Dinesh Babu K V, K Murugan Design of optimal solvent for extraction of bioactive ingredients using FTIR pectrometric9)studies of vibrational bands of dicranopterislinearis (burm.f.) underw.forked fern, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2014 ,4 2173- 2179.
- Geethu M G, Suchithra P S, Kavitha C H, Aswathy J M, Dinesh Babu , K. V Murugan K fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy analysis of different solvent extracts of water hyacinth (eichhornia crassipes mart solms.) an allelopathic approach World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, 2014, 3(6),1256
- Murugan K, Aswathy J M, Greeshma Murukan, Manoj G S Dinesh Babu K.V Dye yielding plants of malabar region, kerala: a case studyInternational Journal of Biology, pharmacy and allied sciences 2015.4, 6191
- S. Anil Kumar, K.V. Dinesh Babu, R. Salini, JollykuttyEapen, M. S. Deepa, FTIR spectroscopy data as a fingerprint of withaniasomnifera root tissues: a case study with accessions of the species from keralasouthindia , Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research ,2016, 6 , 5748- 5756
- Aswathy J M, Dinesh babu K V and Murugan K Anthocyanin from begonia cultivars and its antioxidant potentialities International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, 2016,7,1
- Ajith Kumar, K. G., Sunil Kesava Deth, G., Dinesh Babu, K. V. and Anju, U. FTIR Spectroscopic analysis of biochemicals synthesized during embryogeny and embryo desiccation in Syzygium cuminii (L.) Skeels International journal of Current Research., 2016, 8 (04) 31380-31387.
- Ajith Kumar KG, Sunil Kesava Deth G, Pratheepkumar V, Suresh Kumar KA, Dinesh Babu K V, FTIR spectral analysis of the phytoconstituents in the mace of Myristica fragrans for the detection of possible adulteration with the mace of Myristica malabarica and Myristica beddomii.International journal of Current Research., 2016 8(11) 40897-40903.
- Greeshma G, Dinesh Babu K V, Murugan K, Chromatographic analysis (RP-HPLC) of phenolic acids and FTIR spectra in Brachythecium buchananii (Hook.) A. Jaeger The Journal of Phytochemistry 2016 , 117,410-416
- K Murugan, J M Aswathy, K V Dinesh Babu, In vitro Seeds Germination and Seedling Growth of Begonia Malabarica Lam. (Begoniaceae) a Source for Anthocyanin Advances in Biochemistry and Biotechnology 2016,105
- Jeena John, R. Sudha Devi, S. Balachandran, V. Dinesh Babu Synthesis, spectral characterization and thermal analysisof rubrocurcumin and its analogues Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2017, 130, 2301–2314.
- Pradeep Kumar, D. A. Evans, K. V. Dinesh Babu Isolation, characterization and mode of action of larvicidal compound 22-hydroxy hopane from Adiantum latifolium Lam. against Oryctes Rhinoceros Linn. Pesticide biochemistry and physiology, 2018, 153, 161-170
- Anil kumar, v.s. , Sreeja sudhakaran , Dinesh babu, K.V. , arya, s. Assessment of nutritional quality in tomato solanum lycopersicum l.) and cherry tomato solanum lycopersicum l. var. cerasiforme fruits Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity 2018,26,139
- Pradeep Kumar, D. A. Evans, Dinesh Babu K. V. Larvicidal efficacy of adiantobischrysene from Adiantum latifolium against Oryctes rhinoceros through disrupting metamorphosis and impeding microbial mediated digestions Pest Manag Sci. 2018, 74(8), 1821-1828
- Gayatri GP., Ajith Kumar K.G., Parvathy S Nair., Sunil Kesava Deth G., Dinesh Babu K.V. , FTIR spectroscopic analysis of biochemical synthesized in the mature, germinated and desiccated seeds of Vateria indica L Trends in bioscience 2018, 7( 11)., 1461-1500
- Pradeep Kumar, D. A. Evans, Dinesh Babu K.V. Characterization of multipotent compounds from Adinatum Latifolium leaves by Liquid chromatography-Electron spray-mass spectroscopy Analytical Chemistry Letters 2019, 9, 682
- S. Lubaina, P. R. Renjith and K. V. Dinesh Babu, Phytochemical Analysis and FT-IR Fingerprinting of Pineapple Peel-A Natural Resource of Bioactive CompoundsInternational Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences-2019, 9(3), 1229-1237
- Arathy, K. Murugan, K. V. Dinesh Babu and G. S. Manoj Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2020, 10(3), 31-35
Memberships in Professional bodies:
President, Academy of Chemistry Teachers