HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Hindi was established in the year 1936. In 1971 BA Hindi main course was introduced. Since 2012 CBCSS is followed in BA main course. The course comprises 14 core courses, 8 complementary courses, 2 foundation courses, 1 open course, 1 project, 5 English language courses, 4 additional language courses, and 1 elective course. MA Hindi course was started in the year 1981-1982. 16 theory papers, 1 project, and 1 viva-voce together form the MA course. The Department offers Ph.D. in Hindi from 1987 and is an approved Research Centre of the University of Kerala.
- To create resourceful students who can contribute to the sustainable development of Hindi in Indian society
- To develop a positive outlook towards the Hindi language among the students
- To facilitate the learners to build their career and develop their character in the Hindi language
- To develop the language proficiency and communication skill of the students in the Hindi language
- To empower the students and prepare them to face the challenges of real life
- To provide basic and general information about the Hindi language
- To create a supportive environment for the all-round development of our students
- To impart good quality of education to inculcate the value of Indian culture
- To develop a sense of social commitment and integrity
- To strengthen student’s ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate all forms of literary expressions
- To make them think and express ideas, sentiments in the language
Welcome to the Department of Hindi. It gives me immense pleasure to lead the department of Hindi which has a history of more than eight decades. The Department played a great role in helping generations of young women to achieve a level of communication in the National and Official language Hindi. The process of learning is extremely important in life. The motto of our department is to provide quality education. The Department provides a sound learning environment for the all-round development of our students.
COURSES/ PROGRAMME OFFERED
- BA HINDI LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- MA HINDI LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- Ph.D. HINDI
DEPARTMENT RESOURCES – Library
The Department library is the key resource of information for the academic community. The Library has a large collection of books, journals, theses & dissertations, reports, and other resources, offering a ready platform for the students, scholars, and teachers to pursue learning and research. More than 2500 books are there in the Library. The Library has a Periodical Section in which the print journals are available. At present, the library has subscribed 5 journals which are useful for everyone. Our library provides comfortable and friendly support to all the members of the Department. The library is open from 09:30 AM to 04:00 PM on all working days.