Dr Seema C S
Department of Physics
Government College for Women
- Ph.D. in Physics from University of Kerala in 2020: Geomagnetic activity and latitudinal variations of some ionospheric parameters during solar cycle 23
- M.Phil. in Physics from University of Kerala in 2004 with A grade
- Qualified the CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test in Physical Science (NET) in 2003
- Qualified the State Eligibility Test (SET) in 2003
- B.Ed. in Physical Science, Kerala University, 2002
- M.Sc. Physics from Kerala University in 2001
- B.Sc. in Physics from Kerala University in 1999.
- Twelve years of experience in teaching Physics at UG and PG levels.
- Seven years of experience All India Radio as Engineering Assistant.
Areas of Research: Space Physics, Ionosphere
Talk on Space Weather at Department of Physics, SVR NSS College, Vazhoor on 9th October, 2021
- Seema C.S. and Prince P.R., (2017), Studies on F2 layer critical frequency in the southern hemisphere during solar cycle-23, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, 46 , 103–109
- Seema C.S. and Prince P.R., (2018), Nonlinear dependence of ionospheric F2 layer critical frequency on solar activity in southern latitudes during solar cycle 23, Advances in Space Research, 62 (4), 801–808.
- Seema C.S. and Prince P.R., (2018), Phase analysis of solar activity indices using wavelet techniques, Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union, 13 (S340), 165–166.
- Seema C.S. and Prince P.R., (2018), A wavelet analysis of F2 layer critical frequency over solar cycle 23, Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union, 13 (S340), 157–158.
- A statistical analysis of geomagnetic storms of solar cycle 23 at Christian College, Chengannur on UGC sponsored National seminar on AGSAR-2014(Advances in Geophysics, Space and Atmospheric research on 15th March, 2014
- Analysis Of Storms And Substorms Of Solar Cycle 23 at School of pure and applied physics, Mahatma Gandhi University on 29th National Symposium On Plasma Science And Technology & International Conference On Plasma And Nanotechnology on 11th December , 2014.
- Analysis Of Geomagnetic Storms Of Solar Cycle 21,22 And 23 at St. John’s College, Anchal on UGC sponsored National seminar on Perspectives Of Raman Spectroscopy on 15th October 2015.
- Variability of ionospheric f0f2 at an equatorial station over solar cycle23 at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre during 19th National Space Science Symposium (NSSS2016) conducted during 9-12 February 2016
- Effects of storms and substorms in the Southern Ionosphere during solar cycle 23’ in 13th International conference on substorms on 25-27 September 2017.
- Phase analysis of solar activity indices using wavelet techniques. in IAU symposium 340, ‘Long-Term Datasets for the Understanding of Solar and Stellar Magnetic Cycles’ held at Jaipur during 19 – 24 February 2018.
- A wavelet analysis of F2 layer critical frequency over solar cycle23 in IAU symposium 340, ‘Long-Term Datasets for the Understanding of Solar and Stellar Magnetic Cycles’ held at Jaipur during 19 – 24 February 2018.
- Anomalies in ionospheric F2 layer critical frequency of an equatorial station over solar cycle 23 at National seminar in theoretical Physics and Astronomy, Department of Physics, University College, Thiruvananthapuram during 31 October to 02 November, 2018
- Study of Periodicities of geomagnetic storms during 1957-2008 using wavelet techniques. at 15th Quadrennial Solar Terrestrial Physics (STP-15) Symposium, SCOTEP in Indian Institute of Geomagnetism during 21 – 25th February 2022