While sharing the primary vision of our college, the Department of Music, cherishes the following purposes:
- To become and be reckoned among the premier seats of Music education in India.
- To become a conservatory of India’s social and cultural traditions with regard to music.
- To nurture a guild of academicians, students and alma mater in the field of music who will in-turn be agents of positive change in the society.
- To ensure that music acts as a channel for empowering women and elevate them towards becoming socially responsible, sensitive and committed citizens.
While sharing the over-all Mission of our College, The Department of Music, also upholds the following specific priorities and focus:
- To preserve and uphold the time-tested tradition of South Indian Classical Music, its values and culture
- To bridge the gap between tradition and contemporary shifts in musical culture/theories and to strike the right balance while doing so
- To facilitate and provide best-in-class facilities and support for academicians and scholars pursuing excellence in the field of Music education
- To ensure active participation of faculty and students in socially responsible activities which are musically inclined
- Sneha Sandesa Kootayma in association with the Gandhi Peace Foundation at Sree Chithra Thirunal Poor Home in the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Celebrating 1000 years of Malayalam Poems organised jointly by Bharat Bhavan and Sangeeta Bharati in 2017.
- Music session as a charitable initiative at Govt. Mental Hospital in association with Innerwheel North Suburb and Smruthi (Department Alumni Association) in 2017.
- Interpretation of Malayalam poems at the State Legislative Assembly in 2017.
- Choir Programme at Vettukad Church in 2017 and 2018.
- Thulaseevanam Day in association with Thulaseevana Sangita Parishad in 2018.
- Cultural Programme at Ananda Nilayam Orphanage for young girls in 2018.
- Music session for the inmates of Vanchi Poor Fund Ammaveedu for older women in association with Smruthi (Department Alumni Association) in 2019.